Logistics ManagerJob Opportunity
We’re looking for a decisive and energetic person to add to our growing Logistics team. Working within a collaborative environment, you are a critical bridge between Archmill and our client, ensuring we deliver quality products/services. The logistics manager will lead world-class material handling, transportation, and planning services.
Reports To: Production Manager
Term: Full Time
Core Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor production schedule to ensure product delivery expectations are maintained
- Interact internally and externally to coordinate deliveries, address special requests as required
- Create, publish and manage the team using formal shipping manifests, load lists, etc
- Ensure regular & consistent communication internally and externally, proactively resolving issues or potential scheduling conflicts, ensuring completeness and consistency of expectations
- Manage a team of material handlers, QA, & drivers
- Lead customs brokerage (outsourced) management
- Review of agreements to ensure compliance with company policy/standards
- Manage a fleet of vehicles, Safety’s, Maintenance Schedules, Costings
- Create & update SOPs & procedures as needed to ensure consistency and best-practice
- Manage reporting on budget, time management, asset utilization & costing
- Develop a cohesive and product team environment, ensuring timely and reliable execution
- Research, manage and schedule external carriers as needed
- Ensure organization/control of outdoor parking lots and grounds
- Lead a team culture focused on Health & Safety
Who We’re Looking For:
This role is critical to our success, and therefore highly valued within our organization. The right candidate will be comfortable working collaboratively within a team, ensuring reliable and consistent services are enjoyed by our clients. You are trusted to work independently to meet strict commitments/timelines, possess a broad array of communication and motivational skills, and can be relied upon to creatively work to prevent/resolve errors.
Skills & Experience Required
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience as a Logistics Manager is preferred
- A background in supply chain management or logistics is preferred
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Decisive and strong leadership skills, taking full ownership to ensure follow-through
- Experience negotiating leasing/purchasing equipment/assets
- Quality Assurance Experience
- CCLP certification or similar
HOW TO APPLY:
If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us via our ACCESSIBILITY page. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Archmill is an equal opportunity employer and encourages minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a full-time permanent position at of our office in Ancaster. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
This is an exciting time for us as our team continues to grow! Archmill offers a fun and collaborative work environment with a recently designed bistro to enjoy our daily free breakfast options!
What are you waiting for?
Precision Made. Quality Manufactured. Archmill House is a leading custom manufacturer of quality architectural millwork and store fixtures for commercial, institutional and retail markets.
© 2017 Archmill House Inc.