Production ControllerJob Opportunity
As Production Controller, you will have overarching responsibility for production planning, resource forecasting, and reporting. You are part of a central team, pivotal to ensuring timeline and quality expectations are met in order to satisfy our client’s on-going requirements.
Reports To: Production Manager
Term: Full Time
Core Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Quality control of the overall process and product
- Report deviations and ensure best practices are adhered to
- Physical quality check of every batch/job
- Confirm accuracy of measurements/dimensions to ensure the highest of standards are met for install
- Provide production planning guidance and use forecast information for resource planning
- Work closely with Plant Manager to ensure adequate resources are allocated
- Report and forecast on material/finished goods usage and consumption to evaluate need to scale and liaise with Inventory Control
- Ensure information that constraints or issues are elevated to the Program Manager, Installation Manager, Client Manager, and Production Manager
- Manage all shipment and installation processes to ensure on-schedule delivery
- Review production estimated budget and ensure drawings are engineered to ensure production efficiencies
- Manage status/progress updates on the applicable Smartsheet’s
- Collect and report on feedback from installers/sites to ensure continuous improvement
- Regular and timely reporting on Program profitability
Skills & Experience Required:
- 5 + years experience in the architectural millwork industry, or similar manufacturing environment
- Quality focused
- Ability to understand and interpret Blueprints/Shop Drawings
- Hands-on with practical build and/or installation experience
- CAD experience preferred (AutoCAD, Mastercam)
- Strong problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Able to effectively build and maintain strong relationships
- Detailed oriented and metrics-driven
- Creative, with the ability to think of “outside the box” to come up with effective & timely solutions
HOW TO APPLY:
If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us via our ACCESSIBILITY page. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Archmill is an equal opportunity employer and encourages minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a full-time permanent position at of our office in Ancaster. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
This is an exciting time for us as our team continues to grow! Archmill offers a fun and collaborative work environment with a recently designed bistro to enjoy our daily free breakfast options!
What are you waiting for?
Precision Made. Quality Manufactured. Archmill House is a leading custom manufacturer of quality architectural millwork and store fixtures for commercial, institutional and retail markets.
© 2017 Archmill House Inc.