Production ValidatorJob Opportunity
The Product Validator position is responsible to ensure all work orders being developed in the engineering department are produced in a manner to ensure feasibility to build within budget, as well as meeting customer expectations.
After the engineering department has produced preliminary drawings, Production Validator reviews the drawings to ensure they are capturing Production concerns. After final revisions to drawings, Product Validator reviews the drawings to ensure construction feasibility and best-practices have been observed, confirms budget compliance, and releases drawings to the Production Programmer for final processing.
Reports To: Production Manager
Term: Full Time
Core Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to ensure timely review of all drawings
- Understand closely Archmill plant process to ensure drawings are produced in a way that matches plant routing
- Work closely with Production Programmer to ensure drawing intentions are clear in each work order
- Communicate clearly with all Plant/Engineering stake holders to ensure continuous improvement and reduce/eliminate potential rework of drawings
- Review Production Estimated Budget and ensure drawings are engineered to ensure viability of production
Who We’re Looking For:
This role is critical to our success, and therefore highly valued within our organization. The right candidate will be comfortable working collaboratively within a team, ensuring the overall scope of work is performed within prescribed timelines. You can effectively communicate technical information while maintaining a strong business partnership, effectively working with various personality types.
Skills & Experience Required
- 5 + years experience in the architectural millwork industry, or similar manufacturing environment
- CAD or similar experience preferred (AutoCad, Mastercam, TopSolid, etc.)
- Ability to understand and interpret Blueprints & Shop Drawings
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to effectively build and maintain strong relationships
- Detail Oriented
HOW TO APPLY:
If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us via our ACCESSIBILITY page. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Archmill is an equal opportunity employer and encourages minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a full-time permanent position at of our office in Ancaster. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
This is an exciting time for us as our team continues to grow! Archmill offers a fun and collaborative work environment with a recently designed bistro to enjoy our daily free breakfast options!
What are you waiting for?
Precision Made. Quality Manufactured. Archmill House is a leading custom manufacturer of quality architectural millwork and store fixtures for commercial, institutional and retail markets.
© 2017 Archmill House Inc.