Project ManagerJob Opportunity
The Project Manager is the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with specifications. The Project Manager is the main operational point of contact for the customer.
After receiving preliminary budgets, a scope of work, and schedules from the sales team, the Project Manager will define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources, and direct the efforts of project team members. Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to project stakeholders, budget & cost control, and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout the lifecycle of each project.
Reports To: Operations Director
Term: Full Time
Core Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the entire lifecycle of Architectural Millwork Projects, from strategic planning through completion.
- Follow established project management best-practices to ensure consistency and control.
- Work in partnership with our client to define projects goals, objectives, communication schedule, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Communicate internally with various departments on project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools and established best-practices.
- Produce regular reports (budget, status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; and present these reports during regular stakeholder meetings
- Conduct risk analyses to identify areas of high concern and address them early on to ensure project success.
- Manage project activities throughout the lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, budgeting, documentation, and other factors necessary for success.
- Negotiate with suppliers to optimize ROI on job specific (special order or direct buy) materials.
- Communicate effectively to ensure internal and external stakeholders and contributors are organized and effectively deliver according to specification.
- Conduct client meetings to ensure project timeline, status, and escalations are communicated and resolved in a timely manner (Change Order, Requests For Information, etc.)
- Establish, implement, and follow our established change management protocol.
- Track and manage all project costs to ensure completion within budget.
- Track all work to ensure adherence to project schedules, making critical adjustments where required.
- Tender installation and manage to ensure completion and quality of work in line with commitments
- Manage invoicing to ensure billing is processed in a timely manner
Who We’re Looking For:
This role is critical to our success, and therefore highly valued within our organization. The right candidate will be comfortable working collaboratively within a team, ensuring the overall scope of work is performed within prescribed timelines. You can effectively communicate technical information while maintaining a strong business partnership, effectively working with various personality types.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 5 + years experience in the architectural millwork industry, or similar manufacturing environment
- Degree in Civil Engineering or architecture preferred
- PMP or equivalent experience with formal project management methodology/training
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to effectively build and maintain strong relationships
- Highly effective negotiation, conflict resolution, and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of financial management, technology management, and internal controls
HOW TO APPLY:
If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us via our ACCESSIBILITY page. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Archmill is an equal opportunity employer and encourages minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a full-time permanent position at of our office in Ancaster. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
This is an exciting time for us as our team continues to grow! Archmill offers a fun and collaborative work environment with a recently designed bistro to enjoy our daily free breakfast options!
What are you waiting for?
Precision Made. Quality Manufactured. Archmill House is a leading custom manufacturer of quality architectural millwork and store fixtures for commercial, institutional and retail markets.
© 2017 Archmill House Inc.